Well known for dominating NZ Mini racing for many seasons, a step up to the NZ Two Litre Touring Car class as a privateer proved successful, with a string of wins against the previously unbeatable BMW factory team.
This lead to Angus joining Team Kiwi Racing to race in the 2 Litre Championship and the Australian V8 Supercar Championship – one of the most competitive touring car series in the world. Angus built and prepared Team Kiwi’s cars in New Zealand, and assisted with race preparation of the Larry Perkins-built V8 Supercar.
Angus left Team Kiwi in 2002 to take a year off motorsport, and returned in the 2003-04 season, competing as a privateer for the first time in the NZV8s Championship in a Holden Commodore, switching to a Ford Falcon run by International Motorsport in the following season. Having been on the podium each year since, he won the 2011-2012 season finishing first overall in the NZV8 Falcon he built himself several years prior.
• 1st overall, New Zealand V8s Championship 2011-12 season
• 1st overall, North Island Winter Endurance Series (co-driving with Kevin Williams) - 2009
• 1st overall, Northern Sports Car Club Six Hour Endurance Race (co-driving with Kevin Williams) - 2009
• 2nd place in the NZV8s Championship – 2007-08
• 3rd place in the NZV8s Championship – 2006-07
• 2nd place and first Ford home in the NZV8s Championship – 2005-06
• 4th place, Rookie of the Year, and 2nd Holden home in the NZ V8 Touring Car Championship – 2003-04
• 2nd place, NZ 2 Litre Touring Car Championship – 1999-2000, 2000-01
• Winner, Dunlop Winter Cup –1998-99
NZ Mini 7 Champion – 1997-98, 1996-97
Winner – Nissan GT Cup Enduro Manfield – 1994-95 & Pukekohe 1993-94
Australian V8 Supercars
• 16th place at Bathurst 1000 – 2000 & 2001
• 13th at the Queensland 500 – 2001
• Finalist, United Kingdom Vectra Challenge Scholarship – 1998-99
• Pole Position, Mini Miglia race, Spa Francorchamps – 1998-99
Weight 76 kg, Height 6’1"
Occupation: Race Car Engineer and Driver
Born: Cambridge New Zealand, Lives: Auckland, New Zealand
Favourite Race Track: New Zealand – Taupo, International - Spa Francorchamps, Belgium