Angus is one of New Zealand’s most experienced drivers with a racing career spanning over 20 years, and when he's not racing, builds and prepares race cars - specialising in V8 touring cars, historic racing cars, and muscle cars.
Starting motorsport as a teenager, Angus soon became well known for dominating NZ Mini racing for many seasons, culminating in several overall wins of the New Zealand Mini Seven Championship. Then a step up to the NZ Two Litre Touring Car class as a privateer proved successful, with a string of wins against the previously unbeatable BMW factory team.
This success lead to Angus joining Team Kiwi Racing to race in the 2 Litre Touring Car Championship, and then to the Australian V8 Supercar Championship – one of the most competitive touring car series in the world. While there, Angus built and prepared Team Kiwi’s cars in New Zealand, and assisted with race preparation of the team's Larry Perkins-built Holden Commodore V8 Supercars.
Angus left Team Kiwi in 2002 to take a year off motorsport, returning in the 2003-04 season, competing as a privateer for the first time in the New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship in a Holden Commodore. The following years saw him join Auckland's International Motorsport to run their successful V8 Touring Car programme with a team of two Caltex-backed Ford Falcons for three years, following which he won the 2011-2012 NZ V8 Touring Car championship title in his own NZV8 Ford Falcon.
Angus then joined the NZ V8 Supertourers Championship for two seasons running his own Hydraulink and PropertyTutors-backed Holden Commodore.
In late 2017, Angus built his own 1970 Ford Mustang Fastback, which he now competes in the New Zealand 'Central Muscle Cars' series (in the Group 1 category) alongside several cars he has built for fellow competitiors.
• 1st overall, New Zealand V8s Championship 2011-12 season
• 1st overall, North Island Winter Endurance Series (co-driving with Kevin Williams) - 2009
• 1st overall, Northern Sports Car Club Six Hour Endurance Race (co-driving with Kevin Williams) - 2009
• 2nd place in the NZV8s Championship – 2007-08
• 3rd place in the NZV8s Championship – 2006-07
• 2nd place and first Ford home in the NZV8s Championship – 2005-06
• 4th place, Rookie of the Year, and 2nd Holden home in the NZ V8 Touring Car Championship – 2003-04
• 2nd place, NZ 2 Litre Touring Car Championship – 1999-2000, 2000-01
• Winner, Dunlop Winter Cup –1998-99
3rd overall, Central Muscle Cars 2018-19
NZ Mini 7 Champion – 1997-98, 1996-97
Winner – Nissan GT Cup Enduro Manfield – 1994-95 & Pukekohe 1993-94
Australian V8 Supercars
• 16th place at Bathurst 1000 – 2000 & 2001 (co-driving with Jason Richards)
• 13th at the Queensland 500 – 2001 (co-driving with Jason Richards)
• Finalist, United Kingdom Vectra Challenge Scholarship – 1998-99
• Pole Position, Mini Miglia race, Spa Francorchamps – 1998-99
Weight 76 kg, Height 6’1"
Occupation: Race Car Engineer and Driver
Born: Cambridge New Zealand, Lives: Auckland, New Zealand
Favourite Race Track: New Zealand – Taupo, International - Spa Francorchamps, Belgium